Dear Phx Krav Fit Family,
Watch the video here ---> https://youtu.be/4hC4jlMtg8s
Now read this...
The original onset of the virus tried shutting us down and failed.
Our landlord tried shutting us down and failed.
Now the government is trying to shut us down... and that has failed.
CLASSES ARE STILL ON!
Because of the new guidelines and rules laid out by the CDC and government, most public gathering places, including gyms are to be shut down as of Tuesday night / Wednesday (3/17-18). Therefore, we will no longer be holding in person classes.
I told you in our original video that we have plans whether the situation escalates or de-escalates. Therefore, we have set up online classes, which will keep you up to date on your specific curriculum. We will pick up "in person" classes/lessons, where our online lessons leave off... So keep up with the program and curriculum of your class! 😉
We will broadcast through our new Online Private Facebook pages. If you don't have a Facebook page, I would suggest to get one, and if you're concerned about privacy, don't put any personal info on it (just let me know the name you use, so I can approve you!). If you are absolutely against getting a FB page for this unique situation, I will have a back up method for your online class (grrr...) Each page is a private page, which you will need to ask permission to join, and we will approve per your class status. We will have a class for Youth, and Adults: Level 1, 2, 3/4.
Class times and days will remain the same for adults, BUT all youth students will be on their regular class days at 6pm (yes, even 5:15pm students)!
Because we will not need extra time of getting people in, getting them set up, going into the other room for equipment, changing partners, etc., we have decreased each class to a high intensity training "HIT" class that will last about 30 minutes. Here are how the classes will work, with some tips on how you can get the most out of them:
- Classes will start at regular class times, and conclude in around 30 minutes, saving you travel and wait time
- You will be able to do the class solo, or with a partner...
...Adults: Please feel free to either partner up at your house with a classmate or a family member if you want to
...Youth: Older kids will have no problem following along online, but younger kids may need mom or dad to help them, which is great quality family time!
- Equipment will not be needed, but it won't hurt either
- If you don't have equipment, using a firm couch pillow will do just fine, but once again not needed
- You will need about a 8' x 8' area to move around and do the exercises, technique work, drills and challenges we'll lay out in the class
- A live intro class to this online format will be on this Saturday, March 21st at 9am for all classes and levels, with regular online classes and schedule that will start Monday, March 23rd to give everyone time to get accepted and logged in
- Because we can see who tunes in for each class, that will be your attendance check for that day... In addition to having other "attendance checks"... I told you NOTHING will stop our 2/20/2020 Challenge!
In the meanwhile until our start date, take a couple days off, but then let's continue you (or your child's) progress, growth and learning. If this break lasts awhile, you're going to want something to take your mind off of your stresses, while continuing to keep your body and mind sharp and healthly - not to mention continuing to improve your immune system!
We will see you online Saturday, March 21st for the school wide live class, as I will have additional information. Then, on Monday, March 23rd we'll start our regular online classes.
I will send another follow up email with the member sites in the next day or two!
Stay safe and healthy with US!
-Sifu Matt and Steph
ps: Once again, if you are NOT a member of the Anthem Fight Club private page, please search for it NOW and ask for permission.