YOUTH GUN SAFETY: 10-10:30am
This is obviously a non-live gun event, as we teach children how to respect weapons. We’ll teach them:
- How to stop! This first step is crucial. Stopping first allows your child the time he or she needs to remember the rest of the safety instructions.
- Don’t touch! A firearm that is not touched or disturbed is unlikely to be fired and otherwise endanger your child or other people.
- Run away! This removes the temptation to touch the firearm as well as the danger that another person may negligently cause it to fire.
- Tell an adult! Children should seek a trustworthy adult, neighbor, relative or teacher – if a parent or guardian is not available.
- Parents are encouraged to attend with their children!
This portion is taught by Saleem Abdullah, Certified law enforcement firearms, judgmental shoot and tactics instructor, Certified NRA Law Enforcement Instructor Recognized as Subject Matter, Expert by A Police Officer Standard and Training Board in Firearms, Teaching for 17+ years, Lead instructor at Local Police Agency and Certifies others to become Instructors.
Anti Bullying: 10:30-11am
We’ll teach kids:
- The different types of bullying
- Who to tell and how to tell them
- How not to be a victim
- The best way to respond to a bully
- Specific deescalation/preparing for altercation defense tools
This portion of the program is taught by Stephanie Numrich, Head Youth Instructor of Phoenix Krav Maga & Fitness. Aside as being a full time martial arts instructor, she has over 15 years teaching experience at the elementary to high school levels in private and public schools.
When: Saturday, September 17th, 10-11am
Where: Desert View Bible Church, 105 W Carefree Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85086, Building B, Kids View Room
How to register: Go to www.PhxKravFit.com/YouthSafety